Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Update on my travels

I remembered that I wanted to share with you about the trip I took to Pittsburgh last year. This is long overdue, but it was such a jolly time!

I was all ready to set off……..


But Nick had other ideas as to where I had to sit for the trip.


I was just trying to assist Nick on directions. He seemed to think me more of a hinderance. He says my sense of direction is no better than Steph’s. Oi! She can’t find her way out of a paper bag!



Upon arriving in Pittsburgh, one of the first things we did was stroll through the Alleghany Cemetary. I was chuffed to bits to find it full of wildlife……
Feathered friends………..




Meaty friends………





But Steph wouldn’t permit me to hunt. It’s a cemetary, she said. It wouldn’t be “prudent”. So I had to settle for human cooked food. Blah. Although….. it was a delightful cookie



I wanted popcorn. Alas, I was quite perturbed (but not surprised) to find………Steph ate it all before I could get even a nibble.

One evening when Steph and Nick went out, I stayed in to watch a movie. I love this gal.

We drove up Mount Washington in Pittsburgh, which is known for its amazing scenic views. This statue is called “Point of View”. It depicts George Washington and Guyasuta of the Seneca Tribe. They were allies, and later enemies, during the French and Indian War, though they met 17 years later and parted on friendly terms.
It’s a bit like my relationship with Sponge Bob. At first I thought, oh we’ll be jolly pals. But alas, he is my enemy. I hope to reconcile before he passes on. Which I am sure will be before me. hahahahahahahaha. Ahem. Pardon my gloating.
Here is a brill shot of Pittsburgh.

Blimey! Is there where Alice lives? Steph says no, that’s just silly, but I have to wonder……..

Well that was my great trip to Pittsburgh! I hope to go back soon, as it was a very enjoyable time.

Cheerio!

Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment