Friday, February 24, 2012

Feeling a Little Crispy

I want to start off by letting everyone know I found my scarf...I prefer to not go into details, all that matters is I have my scarf back, even though the weather hasn't been quite bad enough to wear it. I hear it is supposed to snow today and tomorrow, which I find ghastly, but I suppose we have had a mild winter. I would say we have been spoiled by this brilliant weather but personally I think we deserve it after all these years of bloody terrifying winters! Do you know how hard it is to find small critters to hunt in the winter??
But enough about the weather, I want to tell you about a recent night at Steph's with Jodi. We didn't do a whole lot, since the girls spent most of their time watching this...Vampire Diaries. I am not sure I get the fascination with it, I mean, there's no Alice in this vampire show! What kind of vampire show doesn't have my beautiful Alice? Then on the second night Tasha joined us and they hooked her into it, too!! Before they glued themselves to the telly, we made a delightful treat! I was quite tickled at how it turned out. They were peanut butter rice crispy treats! Doesn't that just sound scrumptious?

We gathered up all the ingredients, Ringo was distracted by all the goodies


And again...

I managed to get one good shot
I helped Steph pat down the first layer of rice crispy treat. Meanwhile, Jodi is making a peanut butter fudge. YES! A fudge! Once we put the fudge over the first layer, we added the little mini peanut butter cups. I forgot to capture this part in a photo because I was too busy trying to eat the cups...


Then while Steph made the second layer of rice crispy treats, I helped Jodi melt chocolate chips and peanut butter for the topping. It took all my willpower to not jump in this pot. I figured Steph wouldn't like me getting this all over her new kitchen...You. Are. Welcome.


Voila! The final product! Sadly we had to wait to try it until it set in the freezer for a while...


*La sigh* once again, Ringo can't control himself...



Soon I will be travelling to Florida with Steph! I have been spending some time at her place, although she has been too busy watch this Vampire Diaries to spend time with me...Ringo was lucky enough to join Jodi in a dog sitting adventure! We kept in contact through text, but he failed to send me any pictures of this pup. I hear I missed out on a jolly good dog time! Well, they are going to miss out on a jolly good Florida time! Check back for some more posts!

Cheerio!

Pinky

No comments:

Post a Comment